About this job
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Fulfillment Core team at Zalando, you will work on business-critical systems that map every single item and delivery option in the Zalando platform. By adding new features, improving the accuracy of information available and the reliability and performance of our services, you enable us and our platform partners to ship orders to our customers quickly and conveniently. Our aim is to delight our customers and make the Zalando customer experience as convenient as possible.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions that impact millions of customers
- Decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS) based on our microservices architecture
- Take ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to testing to implementation and maintenance
- Add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Several years of professional software development experience and mastery of at least one programming language, preferably Java
- Experience in designing distributed systems, microservices and cloud architectures as well as experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Skilled in continuous integration / continuous delivery automated deployment and monitoring through Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, or similar
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Academic degree in Computer Science or Engineering, a similar field or equivalent work experience
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and , product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Life at Zalando SE
About Zalando SE
正规365体育投注Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and our teams choose to use.
A key to the success of Europe’s busiest fashion logistics network is continuously advancing our technology and processes. By pushing ourselves to think smarter and adapt faster, our teams are setting new levels of excellence for the industry while meeting the complex needs of our customers, helping people connect to fashion in ways that were never previously possible.
- Competitive salary, pension matching (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge)
- Paid time off, volunteering time off, flexible schedules, sabbatical
- 40% Zalando discount + various discounts with external partners
- Relocation for internationals - temporary housing, visa & residency
- Employee share program
- Excellent hardware & comfortable work place; standing desks, monitors
- Learning and development resources, internal and external trainings
- Strong OSS culture, internal tech guilds, tech stand ups & Hackweek
- Parents network, parent and child rooms, (may vary)
- On-site gyms & fitness classes, internal sports teams (may vary)