About this job
As an engineer in Tech Logistics, you will develop logistics systems to support the delivery of millions of items to our customers. You would be a part of one of our teams that develop systems that, for example, do stock distribution across warehouses, handle receive distribution and storage of goods and returns, develop algorithms to optimize the utilization of automation and staff, or create processes to ship goods to our customers while reducing errors and improving performance of logistics centers.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop and execute mid- & long-term technical vision and architecture with your team, while closely collaborating with Engineering Managers to be in line with our overall tech strategy. You will support teams driving the design and implementation of applications used by our colleagues in our logistics centers, platform services, and algorithmic optimizations (such as route planning and task scheduling).
- Manage your services from architecture to testing, deployment and operation in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with and mentor a multi-disciplinary team of backend, frontend, and research engineers.
- Facilitate communication and decision-making in your team and with other engineering teams and stakeholders.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Various levels of experience in professional programming in Java, Scala or Kotlin with expertise in microservices architecture, distributed systems, RESTful APIs and event-driven design. Knowledgeable in data structures, SQL and NoSQL, Spring/Play/Akka framework, and experience with AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience in building high-volume services in distributed systems, in delivering high-quality code and knowledge of how to deploy and maintain it. Interest and knowledge in Python or similar languages are a plus.
- Curiosity about algorithms, machine learning or mathematics.
- Fluent and effective communication and ability to understand business requirements in an agile environment.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and, product demos, parties & events.
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings.
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts.
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations).
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Life at Zalando SE
About Zalando SE
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and our teams choose to use.
正规365体育投注A key to the success of Europe’s busiest fashion logistics network is continuously advancing our technology and processes. By pushing ourselves to think smarter and adapt faster, our teams are setting new levels of excellence for the industry while meeting the complex needs of our customers, helping people connect to fashion in ways that were never previously possible.
- Competitive salary, pension matching (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge)
- Paid time off, volunteering time off, flexible schedules, sabbatical
- 40% Zalando discount + various discounts with external partners
- Relocation for internationals - temporary housing, visa & residency
- Employee share program
- Excellent hardware & comfortable work place; standing desks, monitors
- Learning and development resources, internal and external trainings
- Strong OSS culture, internal tech guilds, tech stand ups & Hackweek
- Parents network, parent and child rooms, (may vary)
- On-site gyms & fitness classes, internal sports teams (may vary)