About this job
At the BMW Car IT正规365体育投注, a wholly owned subsidiary of the BMW AG, we live and breathe software. We design and implement embedded software for the electronic control units of the BMW cars as well as related tools and frameworks.
正规365体育投注One of our many areas of activity is the development of advanced driver assistance functions, evolving from purely assistive technology into highly and fully autonomous vehicles. As part of our data management team you enable other software engineers to apply data-driven software development for autonomous driving.
What can you expect?
- Your field of operation will be the management, processing and analysis of large amounts of car data traces recorded in the field.
- You will work with state-of-the art cloud technologies such as OpenShift, MapR, Spark or Airflow.
- Although you will create software for large-scale systems, you gain insights into the communication of software components in the car and the work environment of embedded software engineers.
- You will work on all phases of software development in our agile team and working environment.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree or significant practical experience in Computer Sciences or in a comparable field.
- Several years of experience in software development in Python, Java or Scala.
- Experience in DevOps technologies, such as: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack or Ansible.
- Knowledge in agile software development (Scrum / LeSS).
- Business-fluent English. German would be an advantage.
If you have the affinity for new technologies and mobility of the future? Apply now!
正规365体育投注+49 89 382-17001
Life at BMW Group
About BMW Group
正规365体育投注Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and bringing innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued.
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly new solutions. Naturally, that includes flexible working models, so that our IT specialists are free to go in unconventional directions.
To revolutionise the future of mobility, one has to go ahead and set standards today. Intelligent technologies that are increasingly taking over driving tasks and providing greater safety and comfort are already in use in our vehicles. Increasing our lead in autonomous driving will need visionary thinkers and creative developers. Specialists in the fields of machine learning, artificial intelligence, sensor technology and software development will work in expert teams, in centers of excellence networked around the world, to redefine the limits of what is possible.
正规365体育投注With vehicle software becoming ever more complex, it’s not just who uses the cleverest algorithms but how they are integrated that will increasingly determine the future of mobility. Modern tools are needed in order for the code to have an impact where it counts. However, even more important is the right people with the perspective to ensure all these separate elements “come together on the road”.
正规365体育投注But new possibilities often go hand in hand with new risks. With the increased networking of vehicle systems and therewith rising exchange of big data, one has to face a constantly growing risk of cyber-attacks. Protecting automotive IT from these threats is essential in order to bring innovative systems safely onto the roads. Which is why we need experts who live and breathe IT security and who can use innovative software solutions to develop countermeasures from threat analysis through to suitable security architecture and implementation.
Ready to shape the future of mobilty with us? Then we look forward to receiving your application. To find more about us as an employer and apply online, go to
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
- Performance-related and above average pay.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- High work-life balance.
- Flexible working time models and home office.
- Health and fitness provisions.
- BMW and MINI at special rates.
- 30 vacational days.
- Temporary positions abroad.
- Support with child care and care of dependants.